Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Altec History Photos

  1. #21
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    You're welcome Russ, good to hear from you.

    There are dozens of books with sizable portions of text dedicated to Ling. Google Book Search gives a pretty good tour of snippets. I've read many of them, but had never noticed the Ling-Kennedy link, though it certainly makes sense. I just did an advanced Google book search on your tip, and the first result was an interesting conspiracy theory;

    The Radical Right and the Murder of ... - Google Books

    Sroll down the linked page a bit... it gets better...

    Ling's engulf, devour, and divest tactics required government support to succeed. He needed to own the law to tweak it in his favor, a practice that flourished and grew into today's mess. Look at the names behind America's biggest military contracts in the last 50 years...

    Just another twisted Texan...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    LBJ backwards gives JBL. The conspiracy widens.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    Altec A-4 behind D150 screen in NY 1965.

    ......................
    Click
    ...................

    6

    ..........................................

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    That's a big screen!

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    Interesting that they are positioned well below the 2/3 screen height spec for the HF horn. Wonder how much difference it made.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Interesting that they are positioned well below the 2/3 screen height spec for the HF horn. Wonder how much difference it made.

    GM
    You've got a sharp eye. Only 2 films were shot in D150. The screen is masked for regular 70mm film projection.
    A+
    .......................................

  7. #27
    Inactive Member James Bonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    I watched the Woodstock information yesterday evening on I think the history or A & E channel and also goggled the web for better pictures of the sound system for Woodstock but I cannot find any pictures or facts that actually list the components or cabinets. This is my first post on the new host board and I still liked the old site better. Based on the current information listed it would appear not as maybe people use this new site? Maybe I am missing something?

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    The information dates back to 2006 . Click on the following site.


    .................

    http://www.hostboard.com/forums/424732-post68.html

    .................

    http://www.hostboard.com/forums/554530-post74.html


    ................

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    voice of the heavens ?

    are the low frequency drivers, in the cross?


    photo32alteccross

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Altec History Photos

    If I remember right, yes, they were.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.